I – Alessandro Agudio, Daniel Keller and Timur Si-Qin.
from February 26 to March 25, 2014 at Sandra Natali/MAMbo artists’ space + RAUM/Xing, Bologna
Siliqoon takes its first step in the world of artistic production by inviting the artists Alessandro Agudio (IT), Daniel Keller (USA) and Timur Si-Qin (D) for a month of residency and workshop in the Sandra Natali / MAMbo artists’ space + RAUM. We put artists into contact with 13 artisanal businesses, selected with the help of Confartigianato. The project will avail itself additionally of a network whose capacity opens the door to the possible, through collaborations with the Accademia di Belle Arti (Fine Art Academy) for the students who assist the artists, Xing/Raum for the working space and to Florence, with Villa Romana, through Jacopo Mazzetti’s ABIAD project.
March 20, 2014 at MAMbo – Via Don Minzoni 14, Bologna, took place a public meeting with artists Alessandro Agudio, Daniel Keller, Timur Si-Qin mediated by the curators Zoe De Luca, Bianca Stoppani and Giulia Mengozzi.
The 13 selected artisanal businesses:
- Marchi, fiberglass (www.marchi-vetroresina.it)
- Nuova C. Plastica, blow molding and plastic injection (www.camoli.com)
- OMGB, precision mechanics
- Lualma Anodica, anodizing and brushing aluminum surfaces (www.lualma.it)
- Garvan, loudspeakers (www.garvanacoustic.com)
- Studio Pedrini, 3D printing, rapid prototyping and reverse engineering (www.studiopedrini.it)
- Maglificio Franca, Knitwear
- Mollificio Padano, industrial springs (www.mollificiopadanofaenza.it)
- BIOTEX, high performance sports underwear (www.biotex.it)
- Pubbligraf, Plexiglass, digital printing, lasercut (www.pubbligraf.com)
- Lega, beekeeping equipment (www.legaitaly.com)
- Bottega Gatti, ceramics (www.ceramicagatti.it)
- Aida Bertozzi, ceramics
The project is promoted by the association Gaer with the competition “Il prodotto della creatività”